Geo A Payne & Son Ltd - Jewellers & Silversmiths
logo

History

The shop first opened in Boscombe as a jewellers and pawnbrokers in 1900. The shop was originally a little further west along the Christchurch Road and owned then by Mr A Gaydon. The shop, including the original shop front, was later moved to its present site in 1923.

George Adolphus Payne purchased the business in 1945 and was joined by his son Harold in 1946 on his return from service in the army during the Second World War. In 1980 Nicholas Payne joined the family business and continues, together with his wife Sara, to run it today.

Although the interior of the shop has been enlarged and subtly modernised over the period the shop front is largely original and as it would have looked in 1900. Today when one shopping centre looks much like the next, Geo. A. Payne & Son Ltd remains a truly individual family run business offering a wide range of more individual pieces with a highly professional and very personal service.

Telephone: 01202 394954